Food is a natural part of every living thing’s existence, especially if you’re human. The body thrives on food and no human being can survive without it. Unfortunately, not all foods are good for you. Some food can actually harm the body more than it can help it. These would include food with unnatural ingredients, a high content of fat and starch, hydrogenated ingredients and chemicals.
Eating healthy foods as part of your diet is important.
There are actually a few food items that are extremely beneficial for your health and body. These foods contain many, if not all, of your specific daily nutrients. This specific group of food is also known as super foods because many of them are so jammed packed with wholesome and nutritious goodness. If you want to know what the 10 healthy foods you should eat every day are, then keep on reading:
1) Broccoli. It’s green and looks like a tree. Though it may not be as big as a tree, it sure measures up like one when it comes to nutritional values for healthy foods. Broccoli contains Vitamin K, Vitamin C, calcium, folic acids, fiber, carotenoids and other phytonutrients. It can help prevent diabetes, heart disease and some cancers.
2) Sweet Potatoes. They look like potatoes with an orange tan. But their deep orange color is actually a good sign. Sweet potatoes are high in beta-carotene, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, potassium, and fiber. They help boost your cancer and heart disease fighting properties while boosting your immune system at the same time.
3) Mangos. It’s deliciously sweet and rhymes with tango. Just one cup of mangos a day and you’ll already have your day’s serving of Vitamin C. In addition, it also contains a good amount of Vitamin A, potassium and fiber.
4) Walnuts. If you’re a nut for health then help yourself to some walnuts. Of all the nuts in the world, they contain the most omega-3 fatty acids. They’re a great alternative to salmon if you’re not much of a seafood person. They also have protein, potassium and fiber values.
5) Spinach. Who could doubt spinach’s nutritional value, especially when you’ve seen what it can do for Popeye? Spinach is high in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, folic acid, potassium, calcium, magnesium, fiber, and iron.
6) Garlic. Not only can they keep vampires away, but also high blood pressure and cholesterol. It contains allicin and diallyl sulphides which work as powerful natural antibiotics.
7) Non-fat Plain Greek Yogurt. It’s creamy and delicious, sometimes sweet and sometimes tart. Yogurt contains healthy bacteria that regulates digestive systems, boosts your immune system, strengthens bones, lowers bad cholesterol and high blood pressure and fights infections. It’s an excellent source of protein, calcium and Vitamin B.
8) Beans. They’re no longer just known for their “musical” abilities. Beans, including peas and lentils, are a great source of protein, fiber, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc and antioxidants. They help lower risks of heart disease and some cancers.
9) Apples. Contrary to fairytale beliefs, they’re not at all poisonous but quite nutritious as well as delicious. They have a good amount of Vitamin C and fiber. The antioxidants in an apple help prevent cancers, diabetes, high cholesterol and other diseases.
10) Olive Oil. It’s great for everything, even your hair. Olive oil has high contents of monounsaturated fatty acids as well as antioxidant substances. It can help prevent heart disease and high cholesterol. Its great to use preparing other healthy foods.
So take note of these 10 healthy foods
They are not only good for you, but also delicious in many ways. Getting your daily servings of one or all of the foods listed above may not make you a super hero, but they will definitely help make you super healthy.